Saturday 28 January 2012

Busy Days

I've had a couple of busy days at the craft table.    Firstly I finished my 3rd tag for the Soul Scrappers Project 52 Challenge, see separate posts for these. Then I finished a set of Easter Cards for an Easter Card Swap with Aussie members of Soul Scrappers, I'll have to work out how to embed links so you can pop over and check these sights out.    I will share photos of the Easter Cards once the challenge is complete.


My third project was this beautiful mannequin




This was offered as a class at Paper Flourish back in September last year, I missed the class, but the fantastic girls at PF made me up a kit and supplied a couple of photos, the following photo is the original designed by Mandii Van Brussell.



Mine varies slightly from the original, I just had to grunge it up a bit, the look on Georgia's face when she saw me screw up the beautiful piece of paper I started with was priceless.

Project 4 was for a card club challenge at, dud da dah, Paper Flourish.   This months challenge was "Outside the Square" ie no square or rectangle cards.  I used a Spellbinder die in my Bigshot to create a cute shaped circular card, while fishing through a stash box I found these paper flowers that I had made 6 months ago, and turned them into cards as well, so 4 "Outside the Square "cards complete.



The final completed project was a page for my heritage album, at Christmas time my sister Lis, gave me some copies of some family photos.   Lis has been slowly working her way through Mums 20 plus photo albums, our Mum passed away almost 5 years ago. I didn't mean that as a dig about the time taken, just to let you know when Mum died.

All of the photos are fantastic, but one really attracted me and I've been thinking about it on and off.  On another fishing trip through a stash box I found some lace from my Mums craft stash and my page grew from that.


My page, see below for products used

Great Aunt Lillian May Letch 1906 - 1984

The lace from Mum's stash, a bit Grunged now lol


Of course I didn't work on these one at a time, I was jumping back and forth from one project to another.    I also worked on some gifts for Pay It Forward 2012, and some cards for the gift shop.

Whew, I'm bushed from typing it, but feel great to have completed these things

Bring on tomorrow

Enjoy Art Every Day

Love Deb xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment