Tuesday 24 January 2012

The First and the Latest

Hello All,

I thought I would share a little of my Scrap Booking history.I first learnt about Scrapping in December of 2002, (I think I'd heard of it before, but didn't realise exactly what it was), I was browsing through a magazine in my doc's office and came across an article on OTP (Off the Page) Scrapping.The author was using her scrapping skills to create framed art works.

Later that arvo I was given some photos of my beautiful step-daughter Skye at her formal.  Well as soon as I saw them I knew I had to have a go at this scrapping thing.
Here it is, I took it out of it's frame to photograph it.





At the time I was into Folk Art, so I pulled out my painting supplies and went for it.

I used Jo Sonja Acrylic Gouche and Crackle Medium to create the background.   Traced around some cups and plates to create the frames and painted them with Jo Sonja's.   Then used a stencil to hand cut the title and painted it.

Personally I think I did a pretty good job after reading just one article.

SO that was it, I was hooked, I started buying and borrowing Scrap Mags and slowly taught myself about this wonderful craft.

My eldest daughter, Annie turned 18 in 2005, I made photo banners for the party, lots of photos and little quips( I now know this was journalling) about her life.   After the party I turned the banners into a scrap album, after that I started albums for holidays, our wedding, my heritage, my two younger daughters, and yes, I'm still working on all of them lol.

Late in 2005 I attended my very first class, with the amazing Lorraine Knight, a very talented artist and my eyes were really opened to the scope of this craft.

Now 6 and a bit years on I think I'm evolving into quite a talented Scrapper, I still have lots to learn, and I take regular classes at Paper Flourish (I'll add a link to their site in my side bar), it's a fantastic shop with extremely talented teachers, at a recent class we created this page, designed by Janine Kozcwara.


My lovely Stevie at Kindy.


When I got home from class I used the left overs from the kit, and some of my stash, to create a partner page for it.


Luckily I own the spellbinder die that we had used in class.

I had some doilies in my stash and inked and Glimmer Misted them to match.


A matching title from the sticker sheet ties the two together perfectly.

And I still have enough left overs from the class to make at least a half a dozen cards.


I hope that you agree that I have come quite a long way, and I hope you enjoy coming back to my blog to check on my continuing creative journey.


Enjoy Art Every Day

Love Deb xox





No comments:

Post a Comment