Friday 17 February 2012

Tim's 12 Tags of 2012 February

Hello bloggers, its great to be back on line and finally able to post, I've had a busy few weeks craft wise and will catch you all up on everything over the next few days.

First i want to share with you my latest project.   I'm participating in Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2012.    Last year I made almost all of his 12 tags of Christmas, I'll share them with you at some stage.   Tim has decided to give his yearly treat a bit of a twist and has come up with the 12 Tags of 2012, one tag per month for the year, rather than one tag a day for the first 12 days of December. Check out his blog here -  Tim's blog.  

So we started with February and will catch up January at a later date.



This is Tim's Tag for February


and this is mine 


As some of the products and tools Tim used aren't available in Australia (or my stash) at the moment I had to get creative.   I had some fun thinking way outside the box to make the red heart element, and a few other bits required some clever thinking.


Here is a list of what Tim used and what I replaced it with.
.
Tim - distress ink  - fired brick/barn door/aged mahogany/worn lipstick/festive berries/frayed burlap;
Deb - distress ink - festive berries and Ingvild Bloom chalk ink - raspberry pie and rose bud.

Tim -  distress stickles/barn door;          Deb - distress stickles - xmas red

Tim -  distress stain/spun sugar;             Deb - distress ink - festive berries

Tim -  seasonal salvage stickers;            Deb - Adage ticket and letters from stash

Tim - trinket pins;          Deb - safety pin coloured with alcohol ink, cranberry and gold mixative

Tim - Tim's trimmings;          Deb - ribbon from stash

Tim -  dies/mini love struck          Deb - cupid sticker stuck to grungeboard

Tim - die/mini hearts          Deb - cut heart freehand

Tim - die/vintage lace;          Deb - Martha Stewart lace punch and lace ribbon sticker from stash

Tim - texture fades/valentines;          Deb - did not emboss

Tim - stamps/valentines silhouette;          Deb - various love stamps from stash

Tim - honeycomb paper          Deb - one of those party straws with the fruit around the top



Both - paint dabber/snow cap; mister; heat tool; craft sheet; ink blending tool; glossy accents; #8 manila tag; sanding grip; grungeboard; baubles; philosophy tag; tissue tape; kraft core; grid-blocks; scissors; paper distresser;


As I said I had to fudge my way around things, Tim used a matching stamp and embossing folder, as I don't have any I stamped with love stamps and decided not to emboss at all.

I used a cupid sticker as I don't own the cupid die, I stuck into onto grunge board and cut around it before inking and stickling.

I think my solution to having no honeycomb paper is probably one of my most inspired ideas to date.   I removed a fruit from the straw, as pictured above, and cut it into a heart shape, and tudahhh, a honeycomb heart.

Well I think I've carried on enough for now, see you all later and please go check out Tims blog for more inspiration.

Enjoy Art Everyday

love Deb xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment