Monday 26 March 2012

Project 52 - A Year of Inspiration Weeks Eight to Ten

Nearly all caught up with Project 52 postings lol
Week Eight
Challenge, Technique - Sponging and Doodling; Journalling - Find something random in your house and tell us about it



















I really enjoyed creating this tag, I sponged ink over a cogs and gears mask to create the background and doodled around Mater to complete the technique challenge.   Mater was a stocking stuffer for my darling hubby for Xmas 2009, it has lived on the top of our fridge ever since.   I love that the black ribbon resembles a road.


Week Nine
Challenge Technique - Colour with watercolour crayons or pencils; Journalling - go back to your original word and journal your progress.


I do like the soft rainbow effect of the watercolour pencils, but I obviously need more practise with them to get a smoother result.   "Hrmm, well evolution does take time" I must refocus and get on with attempting to sell my products.


Week Ten

Challenge, Technique - Sewing on the tag; Journalling - was to again reexamine our original word.




I have quite often been tempted to sew on a layout or OTP project but never have so it was good to be challenged to do it this week.   I used a zigzag stitch as a border and also sewed the 'clothes' to the mannequin.   As a side note the burgundy material was a scrap left from my wedding dress and the cream was leftover from the girls bridesmaids dresses.
I decided to score myself out of ten for the three parts of evolve that I had outlined in week two, Organise 6/10, Overcome 3/10, Orchestrate 0/10, so that's 9/30 a fail in any one's language lol.


Well we're almost caught up the next post on this subject, weeks 11 - 13 will bring us totally up to date.

Enjoy Art Every Day

Love Deb xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment